Sunday, January 07, 2007

Grapes

This grape vine is from the Japanese book Crystal Beads Flowers. This book can be bought from Amazon.co.jp, or from eBay, which is where I bought it from. The arrangements in this book are very beautiful and presented differently than those in American books. The patterns are black and white and in Japanese. Each pattern also has several black and white pictures which help explain the creation process.
I chose the grapes pattern because I wanted to make something other than a classic French beaded flower. The grapes are made from 3 small "petals" which had their basic wires and stems wound together after completion. The grapes are also supposed to have a small 1 cm Styrofoam ball inside them to keep their shape. I omitted the Styrofoam balls since I couldn't find them in such a small size. Because of the way they were made, some of the grapes are a bit pointy.
While the shading on the leaves isn't very realistic, I like the overall shape and look of the vine.

3 comments:

nordwolke said...

Hello! I have written a few comments as naturtraene, but I have a blogger account now. I would like to add you to my link-list so I can look at your journal from time to time.
The scallop-edged leaves are sooo beautiful! And you have done them so neatly!!! Gorgeous!

The Lone Beader® said...

Your grapevine is beautiful!! I love your beaded flowers. The peyote tulip is cool, too. I might have to try to make one sometime...

Also, thanks for the link, and please stop by anytime=:)

Leslie Anne Pease said...

Love the colors! Didn't think of doing the grapes this way....