Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cyclamen

The instructions for this beaded cyclamen are (once again) from Flower Beading: French Technique Book IV by Bobbe Anderson. I chose this pattern because of the unique leaf. Many of the flower patterns that I've seen in today's books try to replicate flowers as closely as possible. That's certainly a good idea; however, when I noticed this cyclamen's stylized leaf, I knew I had to make it. The petals and center are simple: continuous loops and basic petals. The stem is covered with metallic thread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your work is very lovely, I hope that you continue, you have a talent for making french beaded flowers and an attention to detail which is rare.

I would suggest you look at these books:
Bouquets from Beads by Virginia Osterland
New Patterns for Bead Flowers and Decorations by Virginia Nathanson

both are reissued by Dover Books and can be ordered at any book store or through Amazon.

Good luck
Robt. Schlem.