Sunday, February 25, 2007

French Beaded Pear

This French beaded pear is a little smaller than 2 1/2 inches (~6.25 cm). I wanted to see if it was possible to make one without a form inside it; however, I wasn't able to get the right shape. I finally decided to go and buy a Styrofoam pear, but I couldn't find any that were small enough. Instead, I used a modeling material called Model Magic by Crayola out of which I made a pear shape. This material is very good for this sort of thing because it air dries quickly (about 1 day) and it remains lightweight and somewhat soft after drying.
I then followed the general instructions from the Bobbie Anderson book I mentioned last post: using a two bead basic and wrapping around the bottom loop and top loop (I made a loop in place of the top basic wire). I didn't use any glue though because it changed the color of my beads slightly. Since they aren't glued down, some of the rows are a little bit off and don't stay in place. I think this can be avoided if the rows are wrapped tightly.

3 comments:

nordwolke said...

Mmmh yummy! It looks so naturalistic!!!

The Lone Beader® said...

Lecker! (That's 'yummy' in German... Beadexplorer taught me that:)

Anonymous said...

Do you sell your patterns? If so I like to find out more please. I love many of the thing on here but I love the strawberries. The best.
aitalianr@yahoo.com