Monday, January 08, 2007

Sea Holly

The pattern for this Sea Holly is from Flower Beading French Technique Book 4 by Bobbe Anderson. I found it interesting to make some of the petals out of loops. The first two layers of petals are not continuous loops, but rather they are built on the "stem" that is created when the first loop is twisted closed.
I also tried my hand at making a beaded stem since the pattern calls for this. I followed the pattern and wrapped the first half of the stem, then added the leaves, and lastly, wrapped the remaining length of the stem. When I added the leaves, however, I ended up making the part of the stem that was directly beneath them thicker than the stem I had already covered. Other than the stem, I am happy with the flower. The looped petals are pretty and playful and the colors ended up working well together.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Just stoppin by to say hello! Your French -beaded flowers are beautiful!! I especially love your Gladiola. I'll be checking back to see more. Cheers from Boston=:)=:)

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda